Father did not “unfriend” Mother on Facebook after they separated. After Father lied to the Court by claiming he was earning less than he really was, we downloaded pictures Father posted of himself flashing cash and used those pictures to prove that Father was not truthful with the Court. This destroyed Father’s credibility and helped us show that Father was earning more money than he claimed which we used to convince the Court to deny Father’s request for Child and Spousal Support and order Father to pay Child Support to Mother.
Defeated Absentee Father’s Attempt to Modify Custody and Visitation to Impress His Newest Girlfriend. Required Father to Pay $1,000 Toward Mother’s Attorney Fees
My client’s ex was an absentee father. As soon as his newest girlfriend was in the picture, he tried to get more time with his child to impress the new girlfriend. It is worth noting that gaining more time with the child would also reduce the amount of his child support, giving him more money to spend on his new girlfriend.
The mother came to us for help. Fortunately, she kept good notes. We were able to show the court that:
• The father was not following the current visitation schedule
• The father routinely tried to dictate terms and conditions of visitation.
• The father responded childishly when the mother refused to agree to his last-minute demands for changes in the visitation schedule.
Once we presented the father’s behavior to the court, we were able to:
• Block his attempts to get his visitation extended.
• Eliminate visitations that Father was not exercising.
• Eliminate visitations in which the father routinely returned the child after the child’s bedtime on school nights.
• Get further conditions placed on his visitations.
In addition, we convinced the court to require the father to pay $1,000 toward the mother’s attorney fees for his failure to meet and confer.